May 3, 2011

and so it begins...

So, I tried to be witty and charming while composing my first post. I wrote, rewrote and then decided to knock it off and just say welcome and hello. My friends have called me Neen forever, so much so that Nina just doesn’t sound right coming from their voices. And ‘Neen’ is usually accompanied by a ‘you know....’  For example, “You know Neen, I’m not sure you want to wear the printed pink wrap skirt anymore,” or “You know Neen, I don’t think I can make it to the Vic with you Friday night,” or “You know Neen, she says its great in theory, but she wouldn’t be caught dead out past 11:00....”
Admittedly late to the whole world of blogging, I start today at the request of some very dear and encouraging friends that seem to like what I have to say and enjoy updates on certain things I say and do. Boring to most, but maybe interesting to the few who will read on. 
I was a writer and PR gal in my former life and am dabbling again with freelance writing in between walking my dog, being milk mom at school and getting my hair colored.
I hope to write about what my girlfriends and I like to talk about - our life, our kids, our loves, our gripes, our wrinkles (oh just wait), where to go, what to do, when to do it, books, MUSIC and last and CERTAINLY not least, how to make it all REAL, authentic, fun....and funny.
So, (and you'll note I like to begin and end with so) here goes it. Hope you'll come along for the ride!

No comments: