June 28, 2012

summer obsessions 2012

I love being obsessed. Whether it be a new song, a food, a product or an activity, I love the way a new obsession takes over my whole being, starting in my head and ending with my blathering on about it to my friends, family and anyone who will listen. My soon to be 13 year old let me know quite frankly, "Mom, you are ALWAYS (eye roll) obsessed with something." Before I could even deny it, I paused and said, you know, you're right! But this isn't a bad thing. Especially this summer, when I am obsessed with many things healthy, except for a few things on the naughty side. Below is my list - I encourage you to join my obsessive nature and give me a holler so we can go on and on and on about them....


Gillian O'Malley Modal Thong Underwear for workouts. I am obsessed. These panties are thin, lightweight and inexpensive. They fit well, and you can't feel them during your most grueling workouts. They are very plain jane, so I wouldn't recommend them for a night out on the town or with your guy, but for your yoga practice or barre workout, these are go to undies.


Zico Coconut Water. DELICIOUS and delightful!!  At 60 calories for a 14 oz bottle, this yummy drink refreshes and hydrates me immediately. I love to drink water, but sometimes I need a little more, and Zico does the trick. It has 569mg of potassium, 0 fat and is gluten free. While I drink the natural, they have other flavors like chocolate (You Know Neen's daughter LOVES) and pomegranate. 


Avocados! Yes, they deserve an exclamation point. I began my avocado obsession after I completed a juice cleanse and couldn't get enough of these creamy, filling little suckers. I eat them in the morning sliced with egg whites or for lunch sliced on an open faced turkey sandwich. YUM. I've even eaten them whole, right out of the skin. Gross? Maybe. I'm obsessed.  While they are high in calories, the nutritional value is astounding. From avocado.org: Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. They also act as a "nutrient booster" by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit. 


Chobani Yogurt At 14 grams of protein per 6 oz container - you get a LOT of bang for your buck. I literally raid the grocery store when the raspberry flavor is in stock, as it seems to be missing way to often. Perfect mid afternoon snack when I get my sweet tooth attack!


The Dailey Method  This is truly the best fitness program I've ever participated in. The 60 minute class is designed to help strengthen, tone and lengthen the entire body. The movements are controlled and focused and work each muscle group to fatigue. My favorite aspect of class is that alignment is the main focus, which allows you to really "master" the movement. Active stretching rounds out the work out and your body AND mind are in sync the entire class. I've been doing Dailey Method since January and have noticed significant results, including much better posture!


Motivational Quotes I am obsessed with any motivational quotes I can get my hands on. One or two a day can really change my mood from negative to positive, discouraged to uplifting. I find them everywhere - from books, to Pinterest to blogs. My favorite this month : "Gratitude turns what we have into enough."


Grey Goose and Soda with a Lime  Plain and simple. Delicious and effective. No headaches to speak of, and if you have a few too many and spill - NO STAIN!!!



Adam Levine Do I even need to explain why? I've loved this man since "This Love" and he's only grown more appealing as he's aged and gotten more ink. And now he golfs. I want to have him over for a beer and have him laugh at my jokes, and...Heavy sigh. Mr. You Know Neen won't appreciate this obsession...



Music Obsessions These change weekly sometimes. The following have been hanging on for at least a month or so, and they are on repeat on my iPod....There is no common thread, either. Some are angsty, one is ridiculous in its pop craziness and the others are just plane fabulous. They all own me this summer:


'New York'  Snow Patrol


'Hey Ho' The Lumineers


'Payphone' Maroon Five  (the video is pretty goofy, but I can forgive Adam anything.)


'Call Me Maybe' Carly Rae Jepsen





2 comments:

christina said...

love your blog, love your post! :)
xoxo

Zee said...

I don't like it, I LOVE it!!